|JOB TITLE||PhD – Metamaterial for thermal fluxes control|
|EMPLOYER||UBFC – 32 avenue de l’Observatoire – 25000 BESANCON|
|LOCATION||Main localisation: FEMTO-ST: 15B av. des Montboucons, F-25030 Besançon, France.
ICB: 9 av Alain Savary, BP 47870, F-21078 Dijon, France
|CONTRACT DURATION||36 months|
|DEADLINE APPLICATION||31st May 2021|
|STARTING JOB||October 2021|
|JOB DESCRIPTION||Metamaterials are artificial composite materials designed to achieve properties that are inaccessible naturally. In this project, they will combine thermal conductor (metal or silicon) and insulating (dielectric or air) materials in order to control thermal fluxes at the micron scale.
The successful candidate will participate on the design, fabrication and characterization of these metamaterials.
The conception will be made with transformation methods and finite element simulations. Fabrication will be performed at the MIMENTO (Besançon) and ARCEN-Carnot (Dijon) clean room facilities. 3D printing at the micron scale with two-photon polymerization technology (nanoscribe) will also be applied.
For characterization, several complementary tools such as a thermal camera, femtosecond thermoreflectance set-ups, scanning thermal microscope or quantitative phase imaging will be used. The candidate will also participate on the improvement of some set-ups. An example of thermal concentrator with no perturbation of the heat flow that could be fabricated and tested, can be find here [Q. Ji et al., International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 169 (2021) 120948] Keywords: Metamaterial, heat, thermal flux, instrumentation Job hours : Full time URL Host Laboratory: www.femto-st.fr
|SUPERVISORS||Sébastien EUPHRASIE (email@example.com)
Aymeric LERAY (firstname.lastname@example.org )
|CANDIDATE PROFILE||The ideal candidate should have a strong background in physics, must be rigorous and should present an interest for both theoretical studies and experimentations. Experiences in nanofabrication techniques are an advantage.|
|APPLICATION||Please send the following documents (all in one PDF file) by e-mail to Sebastien.email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
1) For EU candidates: Copy of your national ID card or of your passport page where your photo is printed.
For non-EU candidates: Copy of your passport page where your photo is printed.
2) Curriculum Vitae (may include hyperlinks to your ResearchID, Research Gate Google Scholar accounts).
3) Detailed list of publications (may include hyperlinks to DOI of publications).
4) Letter of motivation relatively to the position (Cover Letter) in which applicants describe themselves and their contributions to previous research projects (maximum 2 pages)
5) Copy of your PhD degre if already available.
6) Coordinates of reference persons (maximum 3, at least your master thesis supervisor):
If you have questions regarding the application, please contact the supervisors.
ICB: 9 avenue Alain Savary, BP 47870, F-21078 Dijon, France