Control for Green Mechatronics (GREEM)
Outline of the program
The international master on Control for Green Mechatronics (GREEM), within the Robotics and Control mention of the French Ministry of Education, promotes a high-quality educational offer in the area of design and control of mechatronic systems with a particular focus on two points: their functional performances and their energetic efficiency.
The consideration of the energy efficiency makes the GREEM international master very singular and very innovative and makes it answer a real actual societal matter which is the effect of technological devices to the ecology.
After graduation, the students will have mastered the area of green mechatronics where they will be able to design new or re-design existing mechatronic systems, to model and simulate them, to calculate controllers for their automation and their performances improvement, and to set up networks of mechatronic systems, all together with consideration of the energy efficiency.
Furthermore, international experience possibility is offered to the students: exchanges with partner universities at the international level are possible with eventual dual-degree, internships at the international level are encouraged, a great part of the courses are given in English, and French language and culture courses are given for non-French speaking students.
The master program lasts two years and includes a total of 120 ECTS. The two years are split into four semesters (S7, S8, S9 and S10) which include several features such as: two industrial certifications (Schneider and Siemens), in excess of 50% of the courses given in English, French course offered to non-French speaking students, 3-day labs in another city (in Poligny which is a small city of the Jura department), seminars by researchers, research labs visits, students’ projects in robotics for national competition, possibility of international exchange…
The master is also supported by the internationally renowned research center FEMTO-ST.
S7 semester (30 ECTS)
- Control of digital signals and systems
- Technologies in control systems
- Systems engineering
- Graph and linear modeling of mechatronic systems
- Mechatronic systems design (Siemens certification)
S8 semester (30 ECTS)
- Industrial computing
- Linear multivariable control
- Methodological tools
- French or foreign languages
- Energy microtransduction and applications
- Energy efficiency (Schneider certification)
S9 semester (30 ECTS)
- robust linear control
- Non linear tools
- Energy-based modeling and control
- 3D design and manufacturing of mechatronic systems
- Mechatronic systems network energy management
- Energy harvesting in mechatronic systems
Optional modulus : numerical computation and simulation of microsystems
S10 semester (30 ECTS)
- Compulsory internship, duration 4 to 6 months
Future career prospects
Career opportunities are very high because mechatronic systems are found and increasingly developed in a very wide range of applications.
The fact that today’s problematic, like energy consumption in technological devices, is particularly tackled in this master will make graduated students very attractive to industry at the international level.
Furthermore, high skills and specialized students will have been educated making them the best candidates for research and PhD programs in the fields of mechatronics at large, of control, of robotics…
The applicant should have a level of English and a background on “control systems” following the UFC/UBFC criteria. Additionally to these, the motivations and the professional project of the applicant are also examined carefully.
Several applications are possible.
- Entering in the first year of the master (M1): application is made through eCandidat. For particular cases or for more information, feel free to contact us.
- Entering in the second year of the master (M2): this is possible for those who have at least the level of Master 1 and who have very good tracks in the required background.
- Entering through a partner university: students from one of the partner universities who would like to enroll the GREEM master within a dual-degree track can be informed by the contact person at these universities.
Every year, a very limited number of UBFC scholarships can be offered on the basis of tracks and academic records.
Site of training
The site of training is Besançon.