UBFC is in charge of orchestrating the higher-education and research strategy in Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, especially to ensure a training offer consistent with research activities, so as to maintain multidisciplinary approaches and reinforce scientific excellence.
Since 1st September 2018, research and training at UBFC have been organised in 7 thematic research poles, in agreement with UBFC statutes (decree of 11th March 2015, preamble and article 6).
Each of these poles aims to define and develop a strategy focused on research, training and valorisation within a set of themes of high societal significance. These themes are anchored in the specificities of the Bourgogne – Franche-Comté territory and are sources of attractiveness and development.
The poles are also in charge of setting up projects to support these strategies, identify possible funding sources and promote their implementation.
These poles gather:
- for research: representatives of the research units, the federative structures (including Labex) and the ISITE-BFC lines of research
- for the link between training and research: representatives of the doctoral schools and university research school (“école universitaire de recherche”, EUR)
- for training: representatives of the UBFC master’s degrees taught in English, and of the “investment for the future” program (“programme d’investissement d’avenir”, PIA3): new RITM-BFC academic curriculum.
List of UBFC thematic poles:
- Fundamental and Applied Sciences, Technology – FAST
- Health, Cognition, Sport – HCS
- Literature, Languages, Communication – LLC
- Human and Societal Sciences – HSS
- Law, Management, Economy, Politics – LMEP
- Life and Earth Sciences, Territories, Environments, Food – LESTEF
- Engineering and Management – Polytechnicum